new defination to domestic violence.

lexi
Administrator
Administrator
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

new defination to domestic violence.

Unread post by lexi »

while currently writing an assignment I have stumbled across a newspaper article on domestic abuse. I know many of the people on here may never experience this type of thing, however, it does happen and sometimes the cycle of abuse is sometimes closer then you think. This subject is very close to my heart, as a victim of domestic abuse and its no secret that the guy that abused me got away with it. However abuse is not just about physical actions. It's the mental abuse that stays with victims, they way someone tells you your not worth anything, what to wear or screams in your face. It takes on many forms from hitting someone to texting and threatening to do something and its not just women that are affected, men are too

◾One in 10 prosecutions now involves domestic violence

even though we have to be mindful about statistics, this is pretty scary. There is a law now in place to protect victims more and it covers non-physical abuse.

I guess what I'm saying is if there is anyone on here or even anyone you may suspect is a victim, there is help out there. They may not have any bruises, cuts or marks they maybe suffering mentally and unfortunately those types of marks don't show but take so much longer to heal.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/domestic-vi ... definition

I know a few people on here will not have wanted to read this but I feel that this industry does have potential vulnerable people and potential victims. so if there is anyone on here experiencing domestic violence then there is help out there, you aint alone and you deserve to be treated like a human being. Your purpose is not to make someone feel like they are more worthy or better than you.
even if you and an old partner are no longer together and they still keep contacting you, you don't have to put up with it. you can still go and seek help and you will be taken seriously. abuse doesn't have to take a physical form nor do you even have to still be with that partner for it to be classed as domestic abuse
Your Happiness Is The Greatest Revenge Against Those That Bring You Down

RETIRED
All newly registered users are unable to send private messages until they have made a minimum of 3 approved posts.
Registered Users can now send 5 messages, after which they have to subscribe.
BENEFITS OF BEEN A SUBSCRIBER CAN BE FOUND HERE,....,

SPONSOR
lexi
Administrator
Administrator
Reactions:

Re: new defination to domestic violence.

Unread post by lexi »

room1day wrote:That was a good read ... Found it highlighted
Male abuse which when it comes to mental
Abuse I reckon thus is more prevalent
a lot of men wont admit to being abused for fear of being seen less of a man...women abusers know this and use it to their advantage

RETIRED
All newly registered users are unable to send private messages until they have made a minimum of 3 approved posts.

SPONSOR
paddy
Reactions:

Unread post by paddy »

lexi wrote:
a lot of men wont admit to being abused for fear of being seen less of a man...women abusers know this and use it to their advantage
:text-goodpost: Male victims of domestic violence specifically those who are physically attacked have the choice of hitting back and being perceived as aggressive, running away and appearing weak, or minimizing the pain and appearing strong in the eyes of peers. In adulthood, male domestic violence victims are thus prone to minimize the abuse, out of fear of being labeled ‘‘wimps’’ and becoming objects of ridicule. Society deplores wife abuse, but husband abuse is treated as a humorous topic!

For further info about the topic look at the entry: "Male Victims of Domestic Violence and Reasons They Stay with Their Abusers" at Encyclopedia of Domestic Violence.
Mistermc
Reactions:

Unread post by Mistermc »

Itv tonight at 7:30...behind closed.doors
lexi
Administrator
Administrator
Reactions:

Unread post by lexi »

I totally agree...men are just as much victims as women.

unfortunately there isn't enough people reporting domestic violence men or women.

RETIRED

SPONSOR
amstrescdm
Reactions:

Unread post by amstrescdm »

lexi wrote:I totally agree...men are just as much victims as women.

unfortunately there isn't enough people reporting domestic violence men or women.
well said bro !
lexi
Administrator
Administrator
Reactions:

Unread post by lexi »

amstrescdm wrote:

well said bro !
Bro??? I assure you im all woman :lol: :lol: :lol:

RETIRED

SPONSOR
LordLuken
Reactions:

Unread post by LordLuken »

lexi wrote:
amstrescdm wrote:

well said bro !
Bro??? I assure you im all woman :lol: :lol: :lol:

:think: Hmmm...
Image Image SPONSOR Self Proclaimed Beaky, chicken & Droll Extraordinaire
Trump Finally Delivers - get me over there.

Return to “VICTIMS OF ABUSE”