Can we do more?

shyhullmale
Reactions:

Can we do more?

Unread post by shyhullmale »

Can we do more to stop abuse?

I used to run a youth group and had training in Child Protection. However, i was not aware until recently that 3 of the kids were being abused by their fathers at the time they were coming to the group.

At the time i ran the group, i read that the father of one boy was on trial for sexually abusing kids in his care and the boy recently told me in an email, he himself had been abused during that time as well.

Discovered recently too that another father had been raping his daughter and beating his son.

Both fathers were sent to prison for what they did, the first one has since died (not sure if he died in prison).

The main thing is that during this time, the kids seemed fine in themselves and there were no behaviour problems to indicate anything was wrong.

So how can we stop this sort of abuse happening. I personally wish i had been aware of it at the time as i could have started the necessary steps and procedures to stop it which would have started with me reporting it. I don't know if maybe when it starts so young, the victims accept it as "normal" and don't say anything or if the abuser threatens them more so they keep quiet about it all.
roxy
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Re: Can we do more?

Unread post by roxy »

we r made to feel its normal hun, i woz brought up to see + make my father happy, even after every thing he did it still makes me sad that he is in jail but that just proves how much he controlled me , i did lose every 1 from cumin 4wud, i hav no family left but time will tell + thats y sharin ur problems help u relize ther is support out ther if needed , took me 22years just hope ther r ppl who can be brave enuff to take that 1st step to freedom + tell sum 1 sooner rather then later xxx
Crann
Reactions:

Unread post by Crann »

HULL WOMEN'S CENTRE
1st Floor, Queens Dock Chambers, Queens Dock Avenue, Hull, HU1 3DR
Telephone 226806 Office hours: Tues - Thurs, 10am - 3pm.
Information service: courses.
Counselling service: by appointment only
Free creche service
Legal Clinic first Tues each month 5.30pm, or by arrangement. womencentrehull@hotmail.com

HULL WOMEN'S AID CENTRE
Tel: 01482 446099 Mon - Fri 9am - 7pm, Sat - 10am - 2pm After Hours - 01482 788080, Mon - Fri 7am - 8am, Sat + Sun 24 Hours
Support for victims of domestic violence.
24 hour access through Emergency Social Work Team.

EAST RIDING WOMEN'S SERVICES
Telephone 227027
Providing support and accommodation to single women age 16+.
There is an answerphone to take messages if no one is available,
you will be contacted as soon as possible
LOOK DOWN AND SWEAR BY THE SLAIN OF THE WAR YOU WILL NEVER FORGET ! !

SPONSOR
LordLuken
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Unread post by LordLuken »

It's hard shy, there's not much you can or begin to help unless yourself or someone is aware of the problem.
Image Image SPONSOR Self Proclaimed Beaky, chicken & Droll Extraordinaire
Trump Finally Delivers - get me over there.

Return to “VICTIMS OF ABUSE”