Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Re: New Zealand

Unread post by Roomy »

tasher wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:31 pm
Roomy wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:20 pm
tasher wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:49 pm
hornypunter wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:29 pm

It depends on the job,at the moment a lot of companies only deal with Urgent calls, so really those people need to get back in the office.If someone can work from home all the time then why does an employer need to pay someone in the UK ,they could pay someone abroad less. Also office workers are vital for other parts of the economy such as hospitality,transport and the High Street. The UK economy has taken the hardest hit so far of any of the G7. The sooner the World gets back to normal the better.However this is probably many months away.
Many people have skills and professional qualifications which can't be replicated abroad. Also not all office based people spend all their time in the office. You cant do a client visit or a site inspection from India. The idea that office workers need to go back to save bus companies sandwich bars and coffee shops from going bust is risible.
Pray tell, which skills and qualifications cannot be replicated abroad ??? As many people on here can attest, I travel the world with my employment and I’m yet to see this, in fact my experience is quite contrary to this. It is also my experience that whist the average british worker work by the ethoks of seeing how little one can do in a day this is quite the opposite in most other countries.
Accountancy and legal qualifications, banking, financial services accreditation, HR (CIPD), H&S (IOSH, NEBOSH), architecture and surveying, engineering.....
If any statement is risable it is that one 😂
tasher
Reactions:

Unread post by tasher »

Roomy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:31 am
tasher wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:31 pm
Roomy wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:20 pm
tasher wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:49 pm

Many people have skills and professional qualifications which can't be replicated abroad. Also not all office based people spend all their time in the office. You cant do a client visit or a site inspection from India. The idea that office workers need to go back to save bus companies sandwich bars and coffee shops from going bust is risible.
Pray tell, which skills and qualifications cannot be replicated abroad ??? As many people on here can attest, I travel the world with my employment and I’m yet to see this, in fact my experience is quite contrary to this. It is also my experience that whist the average british worker work by the ethoks of seeing how little one can do in a day this is quite the opposite in most other countries.
Accountancy and legal qualifications, banking, financial services accreditation, HR (CIPD), H&S (IOSH, NEBOSH), architecture and surveying, engineering.....
If any statement is risable it is that one 😂
Care to back that up with any evidence? I'll wait.
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

In actuality it is you that should provide evidence of the statement
‘Skills which can’t be replicated abroad ‘..

Becuse all of your examples of non replicatable skills .. from first hand experience from the states to Europe to the ME to the Far East .. not only have I personally seen been replicated but in fact far exceeded in most of the aforementioned mentioned areas
tasher
Reactions:

Unread post by tasher »

Roomy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:27 am In actuality it is you that should provide evidence of the statement

Becuse all of your examples of non replicatable skills .. from first hand experience from the states to Europe to the ME to the Far East .. not only have I personally seen been replicated but in fact far exceeded in most of the aforementioned mentioned areas
We are going to have to politely disagree on this. All I will say is that based on 30 years in business there are many jobs that can't be done from overseas for professional and regulatory reasons.

Of course some routine office work can but I don't believe much outsourcing is likely. Some businesses which outsourced work in the past have since brought it back to the UK due to customer demand and concerns over quality issues.
Roomy
Reactions:

Unread post by Roomy »

tasher wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:13 pm
Roomy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:27 am In actuality it is you that should provide evidence of the statement

We are going to have to politely disagree on this. All I will say is that based on 30 years in business there are many jobs that can't be done from overseas for professional and regulatory reasons.

Of course some routine office work can but I don't believe much outsourcing is likely. Some businesses which outsourced work in the past have since brought it back to the UK due to customer demand and concerns over quality issues.
I’m the past 12 months I have audited
Mitsubishi and sumitomo in Japan
Boeing in Seattle
Siemens in Munich
Aramco in Riyadh
All of which have quality and engineering procedures which outstrip anything I’ve seen in the UK ....

I have not seen one job that has not or cannot be replicated abroad... what are you own personal experiences that deem difference
tasher
Reactions:

Unread post by tasher »

Roomy wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:36 pm
tasher wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:13 pm

I’m the past 12 months I have audited
Mitsubishi and sumitomo in Japan
Boeing in Seattle
Siemens in Munich
Aramco in Riyadh
All of which have quality and engineering procedures which outstrip anything I’ve seen in the UK ....

I have not seen one job that has not or cannot be replicated abroad... what are you own personal experiences that deem difference
There are certain types of work which require UK professional qualifications and to be regulated by a UK regulator.

In addition not all work is 100% office based and requires site meetings and inspections (like you have been involved in) which cannot be carried out remotely from overseas.

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”