Live Aid : 35 years ago today

champ
Administrator
Administrator
Reactions:

Live Aid : 35 years ago today

Unread post by champ »

Live Aid was a benefit concert held on Saturday 13 July 1985, as well as an ongoing music-based fundraising initiative. The original event was organised by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure to raise funds for relief of the ongoing Ethiopian famine.
~ Now i have you in my mind - i have you forever ~
All newly registered users are unable to send private messages until they have made a minimum of 3 approved posts.
Registered Users can now send a maximum of 5 messages, after which they have to subscribe.
BENEFITS OF BEEN A SUBSCRIBER CAN BE FOUND HERE,....,
Borolad44
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Re: Live Aid : 35 years ago today

Unread post by Borolad44 »

I watched it that day. Queen were the best act by a mile. Freddie Mercury performing in front of that huge crowd was just awesome.
LordLuken
Reactions:

Unread post by LordLuken »

Obvioulsy I was only a wee young snip of a lord back in those day! :lol: :lol: :lol: But I've come to the conclusion it wasn't the success it claimed to be.. :think: I'm pretty certain The young child in the advert that asks us for £3.00 a month for water aid, is the same one that was in the same situation back 1985. They also appear to have found the fountain of youth there too as doesn't seem to look any older! :think: :shifty: :mrgreen:
Image Image SPONSOR Self Proclaimed Beaky, chicken & Droll Extraordinaire
Trump Finally Delivers - get me over there.
hullnymph87
Reactions:

Unread post by hullnymph87 »

champ wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:55 pm Live Aid was a benefit concert held on Saturday 13 July 1985, as well as an ongoing music-based fundraising initiative. The original event was organised by Bob Geldof and Midge Ure to raise funds for relief of the ongoing Ethiopian famine.
Yet the only people that seem to have benefitted are that wanker geldof and his cronies. Keep asking for working mans money all while they're sat on goldmines. All to boost their image and their overflowing coffers . Without sounding horrible foreign aid should be stopped , from somebody who was brought up in local poverty and has seen it first hand numerous times I think we really should be looking to protect locally before pretending to save the world whilst filling CEOs pockets

Return to “GENERAL CHAT”