Do not struggle alone

Do not post new topics here
the master
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Do not struggle alone

Unread post by the master »

Its a tough time of year and even tougher this year imparticular. Don't be alone and their is no shame in struggling or admitting you need help.
If you need to talk about anything that is troubling you. Mind. 0300 123 3393 or email info@mind.org.uk.
royaldansk
Reactions:

Re: Do not struggle alone

Unread post by royaldansk »

I'm 41, I've had a few losses in my life, friend in my 20's, a child, almost lost my marriage this year. I've always pushed it all to a side, telling people I'm fine and hiding behind a half assed smile. Realised that I've been depressed for a good few years but never knew the sign myself, slowly going deeper, thinking that the suicidal thoughts would go away themselves, or that surly they're normal because I'm not really having many of them. I started counciling a few months ago, never thought just talking to someone could help, but it can and does, gives you a different perspective on things you're going through, gives little tips to change your way of thinking to snap yourself out of it, and gives you an ear to just let it all out with no judgement. Take the first step and ASK for help. Give it a chance, you have nothing to lose
hornypunter
Reactions:

Unread post by hornypunter »

royaldansk wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:57 pm I'm 41, I've had a few losses in my life, friend in my 20's, a child, almost lost my marriage this year. I've always pushed it all to a side, telling people I'm fine and hiding behind a half assed smile. Realised that I've been depressed for a good few years but never knew the sign myself, slowly going deeper, thinking that the suicidal thoughts would go away themselves, or that surly they're normal because I'm not really having many of them. I started counciling a few months ago, never thought just talking to someone could help, but it can and does, gives you a different perspective on things you're going through, gives little tips to change your way of thinking to snap yourself out of it, and gives you an ear to just let it all out with no judgement. Take the first step and ASK for help. Give it a chance, you have nothing to lose
Glad to hear that you are feeling the benefits of counselling. Personally I have never had much faith in it. Earlier in the year I used the NHS every mind matters, I learnt nothing it was of no help. The only person that could help me would be myself, I know what I need to do but either can't or just can't be bothered.
Ivy-mai
INDIE
INDIE
Reactions:

Unread post by Ivy-mai »

hornypunter wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:44 am
royaldansk wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:57 pm I'm 41, I've had a few losses in my life, friend in my 20's, a child, almost lost my marriage this year. I've always pushed it all to a side, telling people I'm fine and hiding behind a half assed smile. Realised that I've been depressed for a good few years but never knew the sign myself, slowly going deeper, thinking that the suicidal thoughts would go away themselves, or that surly they're normal because I'm not really having many of them. I started counciling a few months ago, never thought just talking to someone could help, but it can and does, gives you a different perspective on things you're going through, gives little tips to change your way of thinking to snap yourself out of it, and gives you an ear to just let it all out with no judgement. Take the first step and ASK for help. Give it a chance, you have nothing to lose
Glad to hear that you are feeling the benefits of counselling. Personally I have never had much faith in it. Earlier in the year I used the NHS every mind matters, I learnt nothing it was of no help. The only person that could help me would be myself, I know what I need to do but either can't or just can't be bothered.
I was the same as you, tried counselling a fair few times over the years, had depression since I was 14, its never gone away, though certain medication has helped a lot.
Sometimes just talking to someone doesn't help, I've no problem speaking ti people and wittering on lol, though doesn't alleviate any of the symptoms.
Your best bet is sex therapy 😉, get laid and have a good chat while you're there lol.
All jokes aside though, if anyone ever does want to have a chat either booking or on the chat here, I'm more then happy to chat away xx
love Ivy xxx
paddy
Reactions:

Unread post by paddy »

Ivy-mai wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:32 am
I was the same as you, tried counselling a fair few times over the years, had depression since I was 14, its never gone away, though certain medication has helped a lot.
Sometimes just talking to someone doesn't help, I've no problem speaking ti people and wittering on lol, though doesn't alleviate any of the symptoms.
Your best bet is sex therapy 😉, get laid and have a good chat while you're there lol.
All jokes aside though, if anyone ever does want to have a chat either booking or on the chat here, I'm more then happy to chat away xx
I’ve noticed that Ivy is giving up her time out of good will and compassion to support others emotionally in here through chatting. It is very much appreciated in this difficult time. Well done Ivy! :clap: :clap:
Ivy-mai
INDIE
INDIE
Reactions:

Unread post by Ivy-mai »

paddy wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 2:09 pm
I’ve noticed that Ivy is giving up her time out of good will and compassion to support others emotionally in here through chatting. It is very much appreciated in this difficult time. Well done Ivy! :clap: :clap:
Know what it's like to struggle myself paddy, more then happy to talk to anyone, even if they just want to rant or a natter. All anonymous on here so, should hopefully be a little easier for people to have a chat xx
love Ivy xxx
the master
Reactions:

Don't feel the pressure this year, the greatest gift is that you are still here and not a memory. Presents and gifts are thoughtful, but you are irreplaceable, remember that.

I will second that comment about Ivy, but as wonderful as she is, sometimes its an understanding you need rather than an ear. Their are a lot of organisations out there that will help. However I stick to the Morgan Freeman theory.
"1 act of random kindness at a time" makes the world a better place.
the master
Reactions:

Ivy-mai wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:53 pm
Know what it's like to struggle myself paddy, more then happy to talk to anyone, even if they just want to rant or a natter. All anonymous on here so, should hopefully be a little easier for people to have a chat xx
Dont forget about yourself though Ivy.
Ivy-mai
INDIE
INDIE
Reactions:

Unread post by Ivy-mai »

the master wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:21 pm

I'm alright, I've had plenty of sex therapy 😉😉 xx
love Ivy xxx
the master
Reactions:

Ivy-mai wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:24 pm
Your therapy is far from over lol xx
Ivy-mai
INDIE
INDIE
Reactions:

Unread post by Ivy-mai »

the master wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:27 pm
Ivy-mai wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:24 pm

Your therapy is far from over lol xx
Good job really, need as much therapy as I can possibly get 😜 xx
love Ivy xxx
Georgia69xxx
masseuse
masseuse
Reactions:

Unread post by Georgia69xxx »

Sending much love to all

Always here for a chat

Take care everyone xxxxx
mrmadness
Reactions:

Unread post by mrmadness »

This is such a genuinely heartwarming thread that shows there are some wonderful people in this world. Some great advice too. Love you all x.

I spend a fair bit of time in the chat room too if anybody feels like general chit chat or opening up. Have a tendency for bad jokes and random topics though. But it's never mean spirited.
the master
Reactions:

Even if you don't feel like you want to share, come on the chat for some escapism.
Ivy-mai
INDIE
INDIE
Reactions:

Unread post by Ivy-mai »

In fairness I think everyone should be making their way to the chat, then we can all have an escape and a bit of fantasy world for a while lol, so long as you all have a string stomach, TM is a lot to deal with 😜🤣🤣 xx
love Ivy xxx
Georgia69xxx
masseuse
masseuse
Reactions:

#ChatGang
Ivy-mai
INDIE
INDIE
Reactions:

Unread post by Ivy-mai »

Georgia69xxx wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:56 pm #ChatGang
Absolutely georgia, why not, bit of fun isn't it lol xx
love Ivy xxx
Georgia69xxx
masseuse
masseuse
Reactions:

Ivy-mai wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:31 pm
Its a good laugh love xx
the master
Reactions:

Georgia69xxx wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:39 pm
Ivy-mai wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:31 pm
Its a good laugh love xx
Its nice having you 2 in there. It stops the build up of homosexual lust between us guys xx
hullnymph87
Reactions:

Unread post by hullnymph87 »

the master wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:57 pm Its a tough time of year and even tougher this year imparticular. Don't be alone and their is no shame in struggling or admitting you need help.
If you need to talk about anything that is troubling you. Mind. 0300 123 3393 or email info@mind.org.uk.
Wise man master 🙌 we all struggle sometimes . The key and hardest part is admitting we need help sometimes . A wise friend said to me don't let what has happened in your past stop you having a beautiful life now. I think that is a great mantra to try and live by .
the master
Reactions:

hullnymph87 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:01 am
the master wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:57 pm Its a tough time of year and even tougher this year imparticular. Don't be alone and their is no shame in struggling or admitting you need help.
Wise man master 🙌 we all struggle sometimes . The key and hardest part is admitting we need help sometimes . A wise friend said to me don't let what has happened in your past stop you having a beautiful life now. I think that is a great mantra to try and live by .
We all struggle. Basically we are one giant chemical reaction that balances or is imbalanced sometimes, once I realised that, it sort of make sense that I understood me and know what 'normal' was for me and what difference i could do to me and others but still be me. ... if that makes sense.
the master
Reactions:

Remember, you are not alone. As you walk through Tesco's, counting the cost of your shop Vs what's in your bank. Feeling the pressure to have 'the best Christmas ever" as you see people pile trollies sky high compared to yours.
Forget the material stuff that money can buy,
The best Christmas is the ones with you in it. Do not stress or be an over achiever, because in a week's time no one will remember that gift you got them or that card you wrote, but they will remember a Christmas with you in their lives.
Even if it's just a smile at a stranger or a thank you and have a good'un to someone that stands aside on a path to let you past, sometimes that means more to someone than a trolly full of crap, knowing that what you do is appreciated and acknowledged and you do exist.
Ask yourself do people need these material things or would they rather have me in their lives. YOU all day long

Return to “OFF TOPIC”