fetishism - Born or nurtured?

Cullyclimb
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

fetishism - Born or nurtured?

Unread post by Cullyclimb »

I had a very interesting discussion last night and thought I'd bring it to the forum to see what others have to say about it.

I'm quite certain I don't have a fetish in the sexual sense of the word. Or might I? Do we all have fetishes but in some people they remain latent, perhaps for ever. Could it be that I haven't yet been exposed to circumstances whereby the fetish has become apparent to me. If I did have a fetish then surely it would have presented itself long ago.

Do people with multiple fetishes achieve a greater level of arousal and satisfaction if the fetishes are combined rather than if performed individually. To someone with a dominant fetish, is 'conventional sex' unfulfilling if performed without including the fetish.

I'm not asking anyone to say what fetishes they have, that is a private matter and is certainly not the purpose of this post. And I don't expect answers to all the above questions!

So, is sexual fetishism born or nurtured?
SPONSOR
pvcguy
Reactions:

Re: fetishism - Born or nurtured?

Unread post by pvcguy »

Great topic. I think we all have fetishes to some degree. If you like 'doing it with the lights off' society might not label that a fetish as such but it's a personal preference that does it for you, much like hot breath on your neck or that certain special spot where you like touched.

Most people I imagine would use it to enhance their sex life. As an example. I enjoy movies and popcorn. I don't absolutely need one to enjoy the other but it's natural they go together hand in hand :)

I'd say some fetishes can naturally be combined to increase enjoyment but others can be too much. I'd say its very unusual to be so into a fetish that you absolutely cannot enjoy sex without it. That's taking the textbook definition of the word fetish to the extreme. For many I'd guess it's just harmless (or at least consenting, lol) fun that adds a bit of spice to their life.

Im not sure where it comes from but perhaps its a mixture of both? It might not surface without exposure to the right experiences but then there has to be something there to surface to begin with?
puntaholic
Reactions:

Unread post by puntaholic »

teepee2006 wrote:A hard one to answer ... I know I have them ... but no idea where they come from
... I've always assumed it must have been something imprinted in early life
Same here. Early imprints - I can remember when it started. I don't have to include it in order to enjoy sex, so it's not a major thing.

Perhaps it's more an appreciation or inclination than a fetish?
shyhullmale
Reactions:

Unread post by shyhullmale »

I don't count myself as having particular fetishes.

I can enjoy a simple "vanilla" session with my wife where it is just two people having some loving sex.

However, i also enjoy it when the lady has worn a particular outfit (WPC, Nurse, School) and we have acted out a particular role play. I have also enjoyed a bit of light bondage where the lady or I have been tied to the bed (i have often used bondage tape that sticks to itself but not to the skin, available in red/black/pink at £10 a roll as this can be easily unfastened or broken in the event of cramp or other reason requiring a quick release).

I have also had some quite wild sessions in Manchester where I have had two ladies who have done uniformed role play, lesbian scene, anal and watersports in the one booking.

I have never followed a set plan from one booking to the next, it has been a case of what the ladies enjoyed themselves and what i fancied at the time. So one of my regular ladies enjoyed anal, but i did not partake every time as i preferred variety. I think that if each meeting with the regular ladies was the same, it would soon get boring.

So in essence, i don't feel i need a particular activity / clothing / item to enable me to enjoy myself so therefore, i do not consider i have a fetish.
Cullyclimb
Reactions:

Unread post by Cullyclimb »

A very candid post Shy, thanks. I'm getting visions of this multi-coloured bondage tape and fear I might not sleep tonight.
SPONSOR
shyhullmale
Reactions:

Unread post by shyhullmale »

Cullyclimb wrote: I'm getting visions of this multi-coloured bondage tape.
Sorry, maybe should have made it clear, you can get it in any of the three colours, not a multi-coloured roll.

I have used it with my wife and also with various ladies i visited (No names, might have more info in my book :D )
icemanhgv
Reactions:

Unread post by icemanhgv »

My fetish is that I love to have my throat and Adams apple kissed and caressed with my head tilted back as far as I can go:)
Gibson
Reactions:

Unread post by Gibson »

Personally..Im a spanking fan..allways have been facinated by it..the internet has just made it more available and open
Leatherkink
Reactions:

Unread post by Leatherkink »

I think everyone has fetishes it's just triggering the said fetish in order for you to realise sometimes and well it's them down to if you just fantasie about it or act it out

Return to “FETISH WORLD”