Hull Monthly swingers social

To arrange meetings please use this section.
wanderer
Reactions:
the middle number please (12345): 3

Re: Hull Monthly swingers social

Unread post by wanderer »

suzy wrote:
kinkypeeps wrote:[
We don't post here much these days seems the faceless quickie guys have taken over the asylum :)

Kinks xx
you should try been a working girl with an advert in the HDM mail then as you'll have to put up with far more faceless quickie guys :roll:
but on a serious note this forum has taken a great deal of effort and time on the part of admin and the regular members so i really object to that comment.
:text-goodpost:
ImageSPONSOR A proper spanking doesn't really start until you wish it was over.
CTR
Reactions:

Unread post by CTR »

suzy wrote:
kinkypeeps wrote:[
We don't post here much these days seems the faceless quickie guys have taken over the asylum :)

Kinks xx
you should try been a working girl with an advert in the HDM mail then as you'll have to put up with far more faceless quickie guys :roll:
but on a serious note this forum has taken a great deal of effort and time on the part of admin and the regular members so i really object to that comment.
Trying to put myself in Mr KP's shoes ... (and there is scope for a joke there ... :shifty: :!: ) - he comes across as someone genuinely interested in promoting the swinging lifestyle so I suppose what he's objecting to is vague requests for sexual activity from single guys in this section who give no information at all about themselves. I've not met Mr KP in person so I might have got that wrong. I think it's fair to say he's also put in quite a bit of effort on this forum. Appreciate there might be a bit more behind your post Suzy that I'm not aware of :)

My impression is that some of the WGs on here are choosing to respond to the 'faceless quickie' guys :!:
Mistermc
Reactions:

Unread post by Mistermc »

Almost a.. :text-goodpost: :doh:
sophie
INDIE
INDIE
Reactions:

Unread post by sophie »

got to agree kp,s have put a lot in on here , maybe some of the working ladies should be careful what they post here unless they know of the scene and that goes for some of the guys to..
call 07926 287486
PROVIDER

DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR NEW CLIENTS

The world has gone mad, I’m getting back on track before I end up being one of them, oh and boris your still a cunt
sophie
INDIE
INDIE
Reactions:

Unread post by sophie »

sophie wrote:got to agree kp,s have put a lot in on here , maybe some of the working ladies should be careful what they post here unless they know of the scene and that goes for some of the guys to..
incase some don,t get it the main header says it all.. swinging not punting
call 07926 287486
PROVIDER

The world has gone mad, I’m getting back on track before I end up being one of them, oh and boris your still a cunt
Mistermc
Reactions:

My point was when you look at all the topics on the swingers section nearly all are single posts from men with no replies. .so didnt think the bit about wg was valid
sophie
INDIE
INDIE
Reactions:

Unread post by sophie »

Mistermc wrote:My point was when you look at all the topics on the swingers section nearly all are single posts from men with no replies. .so didnt think the bit about wg was valid
it is just as valid as those guys with no posts, i see both sides of the fence
no reply means either no interest or new at it and not sure what to do, but a guy saying he is looking for something in here does not mean he wants a girl from here telling him to see them if thats what he wanted he would put it in punter section.. this section is to me still work in progress and because of the nature of this forum it is a very grey area and a slow moving one which some don,t want to mix on.. but it doesn,t mean it can,t be be here just need those like minded to the scene to use it for what it is
call 07926 287486
PROVIDER

CTR
Reactions:

Unread post by CTR »

Mistermc wrote:My point was when you look at all the topics on the swingers section nearly all are single posts from men with no replies. .so didnt think the bit about wg was valid
Well in turn I was puzzled by Suzy's comment about WGs having to put up with faceless quickie guys from the HDM. I didn't just have the Swinging section in mind. A lot of the time I see posts in both the paid and non-paid sections on this forum which suggest the poster doesn't really have a clue what he's looking for but he still gets a response of the form 'come and see me hun xx' . If the girls were inundated with such guys already from the HDM why would they want contact with more such guys :? :? :?:
LARA-LARA Laughs.
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

Perhaps, having been tasked with moderating the swingers section KP would have been better removing , editing, or otherwise dealing with these type of posts, or at the very least contacting admin about concerns of the section been over run. Slating the section etc. is certainly not the way i would have expected a problem to be dealt with. I for one don't read the section that much and as a total virgin of most of the forums, swingers, gays, fetish etc i haven't a clue as to what is a correct or usual post for them, that is why those that have the experience are appointed moderator. I think slating the forum and pointing members elsewhere was a :naughty:
It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they have been fooled
Please help the forum by becoming a subscriber
click here for more info
Mistermc
Reactions:

CTR wrote:
Well in turn I was puzzled by Suzy's comment about WGs having to put up with faceless quickie guys from the HDM. I didn't just have the Swinging section in mind. A lot of the time I see posts in both the paid and non-paid sections on this forum which suggest the poster doesn't really have a clue what he's looking for but he still gets a response of the form 'come and see me hun xx' . If the girls were inundated with such guys already from the HDM why would they want contact with more such guys :? :? :?:
Sure suzy will elaborate but suspect it's the old "I saw your advert in the paper can u describe yourself" timewasters.
sophie
INDIE
INDIE
Reactions:

Unread post by sophie »

Mistermc wrote: Sure suzy will elaborate but suspect it's the old "I saw your advert in the paper can u describe yourself" timewasters.
get that on any job , forum, fun place, and we take it with a pinch of salt or choose to ignore... or simply don,t bother to post
call 07926 287486
PROVIDER

Mistermc
Reactions:

sophie wrote:
Mistermc wrote: Sure suzy will elaborate but suspect it's the old "I saw your advert in the paper can u describe yourself" timewasters.
get that on any job , forum, fun place, and we take it with a pinch of salt or choose to ignore... or simply don,t bother to post
:shifty: ok
CTR
Reactions:

Unread post by CTR »

suzy wrote:
Mistermc wrote:
Sure suzy will elaborate but suspect it's the old "I saw your advert in the paper can u describe yourself" timewasters.
spot on
Indeed, so my point still stands. Why would WGs here encourage endless PM ping pong from low posting guys on here until they've shown themselves to be genuine punters?
Mistermc
Reactions:

CTR wrote:
suzy wrote:
Mistermc wrote:
spot on
Indeed, so my point still stands. Why would WGs here encourage endless PM ping pong from low posting guys on here until they've shown themselves to be genuine punters?
Not sure it does....and not in this section anyway.

Endless ping pong can maybe lead to an eventual meeting, which could lead to a regular meetings. I apologise for going off topic but some bpeople who join this forum as newbie are not as experienced as you CTR who has tried everything and found what they like. Think you need to accept that people use this forum for many different reasona one of which for the wg and indies on here is to encourage new members to become regular clients. Some are here to banter, some to lurk, some to just interact with one or two members. Everyone is different!
Again apologies for going offtopic...know it annoys some people.
CTR
Reactions:

Unread post by CTR »

Mistermc wrote:
CTR wrote:
suzy wrote:
Mistermc wrote:
spot on
Not sure it does....and not in this section anyway.

Endless ping pong can maybe lead to an eventual meeting, which could lead to a regular meetings.
And replies to the question 'can you describe yourself' can maybe also lead to regular meetings :roll:
Mistermc wrote:I apologise for going off topic but some bpeople who join this forum as newbie are not as experienced as you CTR who has tried everything and found what they like. Think you need to accept that people use this forum for many different reasona one of which for the wg and indies on here is to encourage new members to become regular clients. Some are here to banter, some to lurk, some to just interact with one or two members. Everyone is different!
Again apologies for going offtopic...know it annoys some people.
What makes you think that that I'm unaware that people use this forum for many different reasons? And if we are going to get personal, you are one of the reasons why I don't take such an active role on this forum as I used to (e.g. because you chose not to reply to some of my PMs about forum matters suggesting you didn't appreciate the work I put into the forum in the past. I can't be too specific but I hope you know the work I'm referring to.)

I agree we're off topic 8-)
Mistermc
Reactions:

"Think you need to accept that people use this forum for many different reason" should maybe have read "think people need to"

And as for me not replying to a pm as one ofnthe reasons you dont post anymore.......I'll say no more.
CTR
Reactions:

Unread post by CTR »

Mistermc wrote:
And as for me not replying to a pm as one ofnthe reasons you dont post anymore.......I'll say no more.
I wasn't referring to not posting when I wrote 'don't take such an active role' but it would be breach of confidentiality to be specific what I did mean so I too will have to say no more. As I recall it was more than one PM.
kinkypeeps
Reactions:

Unread post by kinkypeeps »

suzy wrote:
Wraith wrote:Perhaps, having been tasked with moderating the swingers section KP would have been better removing , editing, or otherwise dealing with these type of posts, or at the very least contacting admin about concerns of the section been over run.
exactly :clap:
Mistermc wrote:
spot on
Think I'd better clear a few things up..looks like a bit of a war zone in here! :)

First of all I first started writing here with plenty of time on my hands and thought I could maybe improve the image of the swinging scene in general. I tried different things to try and bring extra traffic here from other swinging sites. All I succeeded in doing was get myself suspended from our regular swinging sites 'for soliciting outside websites' so I decided to approach admin about where HAF advertised to bring in new traffic. I was told that there was no funds available even to advertise in hull daily mail. With this catch 22 how was I supposed

to attract people from the swinging scene? As everyone knows this is primarily a punting site.

A number of months ago I started a new full time job not leaving me with enough time to write as much, plus I felt it was getting too much like 'planet kinkypeeps' and made a decision to carry on checking back but only writing as and when others decided to post. Was having a look one day I noticed that I no longer had moderator control no control panel nothing so just assumed that my services no longer required.. being busy and not writing that much, I really didn't follow it up. Plus, as no one else was posting, correct me if I,m wrong.. this section went a full 2 months without a single post! So at this stage I felt 'what's the point?'

The final thing that has just about drawn a line under the whole thing for me was the comment about referring to an outside website being inappropriate just brought things full circle. Many of my posts I've made over the years have refered to outside websites more geared to the lifestyle and no complaint has been made before so I can't see the problem now. I came on board to inform, amuse, discuss pro's and cons etc etc it's obvious from my many posts that I would never actively encourage people to meet total strangers with no profile or pics from here and I'm sure many would agree with me here.

So for a number of months I've been a moderator that is unable to actually moderate with no mean s of driving genuine swingers and with the furore my post has caused I throw my hands up in defeat

Kinks x
sophie
INDIE
INDIE
Reactions:

Unread post by sophie »

I lost my moderating powers in my section with the last up grade on the forum so I think that the problem may lie with that needing to be reinstated it's an error I'm afraid but I don't think you should throw in the towel yet, come on you others support and success of this area is needed x soph
call 07926 287486
PROVIDER

teepee
Reactions:

Unread post by teepee »

My experience on this subject is sweet FA so can't really comment
... all I would say is that I know for a fact that Suzy has put a tremendous amount :clap: into the HAF forum ... more than anyone would imagine
... but in addition I can see that KP has also made a big contribution in this specific area of interest ... and for that I would sincerely applaud him

So I hope that any differences can be sorted ... and any niggles resolved
"Life is for Living ... you're a long time Dead”
LordLuken
Reactions:

Unread post by LordLuken »

teepee wrote:My experience on this subject is sweet FA so can't really comment...So I hope that any differences can be sorted ... and any niggles resolved
I'd have to agree with this. I myself no little to nothing about the swinging scene, other than it's bloody hard for the single guys to get involved, though as KP as pointed out in the past not impossible. I've read many of the posts in here and have the benefit of having met and spoken to KP in person a short while back and found him to be very accommodating and happy to discuss many aspects of the scene. I did find actually talking to him a real eye opener and he was able to point me towards the biggest mistakes many make when new to the scene. So would be a shame to lose his imput to this section of the forum. So, in that respect I hope any mis-givings, niggles and small mis-understandings can be sorted out and easily resolved. On the flip side to that though KP, computers and new patches for programs or updates to exisiting software are notorious for having little niggles and bugs or even slight errors in them. But if you don't actually mention or ask when you notice something has changed, then it's hard for the admin team to actually correct the problems. From experience I can say that if you do notice something has changed and your not sure why, mention it. If the admin can't correct it straight away, they can certainly contact the softwre vendor for a patch to correct the issue, but they do need to know what's changed. I can probably also say from general experience that if admin had changed there mind to you being a moderator, they would have contacted you and given reasons as to why they had made the change to your status. With all this in mind it's all pretty easy to resolve and there is no need to throw that towel in just yet. :)
Image Image SPONSOR Self Proclaimed Beaky, chicken & Droll Extraordinaire
Trump Finally Delivers - get me over there.
Wraith
Founder
Founder
Reactions:

Unread post by Wraith »

kinkypeeps wrote:

so I decided to approach admin about where HAF advertised to bring in new traffic. I was told that there was no funds available even to advertise in hull daily mail. With this catch 22 how was I supposed
to attract people from the swinging scene? As everyone knows this is primarily a punting site.
When the site was first created i did pay for an advert in the HDM which ran every night for about 18 months. The personal section of the HDM is the most expensive place to advertise it cost me around £35 a week for a single line and this was with a contract discount! We now come up on the first page of google search for "swingers hull" so we can be easily located. Unfortunately paying for ads is just not viable at the moment.
kinkypeeps wrote: ...a look one day I noticed that I no longer had moderator control no control panel nothing so just assumed that my services no longer required..
It would almost certainly have been a software update, a lot of permissions for users and groups reverted back to default, and i except the blame and apologise for not noticing yours had changed.
kinkypeeps wrote: The final thing that has just about drawn a line under the whole thing for me was the comment about referring to an outside website.....
When we first started the forum there where similar sites that wouldn't allow members posting links to this site..one site actually went as far as censoring private messages to delete any links to here and i vowed we would never be that petty, my complaint about the link to another site was due to the context in which it was mentioned: " We don't post here much these days seems the faceless quickie guys have taken over the asylum :) "
kinkypeeps wrote: So for a number of months I've been a moderator that is unable to actually moderate with no mean s of driving genuine swingers and with the furore my post has caused I throw my hands up in defeat
To take a quote from a favourite movie of mine "what we have here is a failure to communicate". I sincerely hope that you do decide to persevere with the forum because i can think of no one who is both as experienced in the Hull scene and as eloquent in their portrayal of it. If you do decide to continue contact myself or Suzy and you can moderate these "quickie" merchants into oblivion :)
It is easier to fool someone than it is to convince them they have been fooled
Please help the forum by becoming a subscriber
click here for more info
nice136
Reactions:

Unread post by nice136 »

People aren't being very sociable on here just lately. Lol
kinkypeeps
Reactions:

Unread post by kinkypeeps »

Ah Well..back to the thread title :)

There is a swingers social at a Hull city center pub wed 20th Nov from 8 till late... won't give the location here, please message me for all details with a little about who you are.. all are welcome!

Kinks xx
nice136
Reactions:

Unread post by nice136 »

Thanks for giving plenty of notice.;-)

Return to “Social Meetings and Events”